Sunday, February 14, 2016

Review - Crane Lake Petite Sirah

Name: Crane Lake Petite Sirah
Variety: 100% Petite Sirah
Region: Lodi, California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Wine Shop Review: This wine is ruby-purple colored; notes of blackberry, plums and spice predominate the nose and flavors. The tannins give a soft, full mouth feel.

Personal Review: I picked up a distinct fresh berry aroma at the nose that was really brought out by swirling the wine. The Petite Sirah by Crane Lake left rich almost inky black legs on the wine glass which led me to think the petite sirah would have an overwhelmingly complex pallet. However, I was surprised by the simplicity of the pallet. My initial impression was dominated by the fresh berry flavor of the Petite Sirah and I did not pick up a distinct mid pallet or finish. Truly, these black and raspberry flavors lasted from start to finish.

Note: I did not consume this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment